The marketing support programme at CMN aims to improve your marketing through jargon-free advice sessions, or workshops, with a marketing expert. The ultimate aim is to improve your profitability via more effective marketing.
In addition, CMN run marketing campaigns that help generate enquiries for your business. Often these are initiatives that, as a member, you are automatically included in.
The programme includes the following specific support:
- Jargon free advice for your Cornish marine business,
- Marketing strategy coaching
- Developing or improving websites
- Internet search engine marketing
- Getting more from exhibiting at boat shows
- Developing your sales skills
- Getting more from your advertising
- Developing or improving your brochures
- Building a brand name
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Creating a PR (Public Relations) campaign
- Maximising revenue from customers (cross-selling / upselling)
- Cornwall Marine dot com: As a member of Cornwall Marine Network you are automatically added to our online directory at www.cornwallmarine.com. This website is dedicated to providing information for the marine community of Cornwall, including reviews of key areas, quick searches to find marine businesses, marine event calendars, news on the Cornish marine sector and much more.
- Cornwall's Marine Guide and Directory: CMN's A5 marine directory is circulated across the County and at specific events outside of the County. It's the definitive guide for finding a marine business in Cornwall. We print the Guide every year and as a member you receive a free entry with your key contact details and the opportunity to write 50 words about your business. There are also opportunities to advertise in the Directory - please contact Tim Bowerbank to discuss (email@example.com).
- Royalty Free Image Bank: Good quality images can often be the difference between a website or brochure looking great or looking terrible! It can also be difficult finding images that are suitable to use in promoting your Cornish marine business. CMN have compiled a royalty free image bank that all members have access to. Come into our office and browse through the 9,000 images that include all kinds of yachting, kayaking, motor boating, lifestyle and aerial imagery.
Other marketing services from Cornwall Marine Network include:
Download a pdf
- Recommending and helping to source designers, web developers, copy writers and PR consultants
- Evaluating estimates and quotes from designers and web developers
- Working with the British Marine Federation (BMF) to ensure Cornish Marine businesses are included in BMF events
- Organising and writing Cornish Marine success stories for local and national press.
- Organising ‘best practice' marketing networking events
- Organising subsidised marketing training events e.g. exhibition sales skills
summary of services offered through our marketing programme.