Tamar Inflatables run a business based in Lostwithiel that service liferafts and repair any kind of inflatable boat. Tamar Inflatables are dealers for Zodiac, Avon, Bombard, Seago and Wetline. Tamar Inflatables have been established for more than 25 years. Ed Banyard, managing director wanted to refresh their dated website with a more up-to-date version which could be amended in-house, plus perform better with the search engines including Google, thus increasing enquiries and orders from prospects and customers.
- Create new website within limited budget constraints
- To grow organic web traffic by ensuring website is optimised for search engines
- To ensure that selected content management system is easy to use and can be accessed in the office and at home
- To ensure that traffic can be monitored by an easy-to-use web statistics software
- To use rich web media to enhance the visitors experience of the business
To select a free open source software package to create the new website, conduct keyword research into the keywords and phrases being used by prospects and customers, source new and exciting images, create the website in parallel with the existing website and swap once complete. To use existing movie clips from the manufacturers to embed into certain web pages.
Cornwall Marine Network:
- Tim Bowerbank, Marketing Manager at Cornwall Marine Network (CMN) met with Ed at the Tamar Inflatable’s office to discuss the initial requirements.
- A web brief was written and a number of local web design businesses were approached to quote for the work.
- Tim helped Ed review quotes from the web design businesses. A limited budget meant that using third party web designers was not an option.
- WordPress was selected as a free DIY web publishing platform that would fit Tamar Inflatables needs and budget.
- CMN worked with Tamar Inflatables to install WordPress and customise to suit needs. A template from the extensive template list was used (http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/)
- CMN supported Tamar Inflatables in researching and selecting the appropriate keyword and keyword phrases to use within the new site. Keywords were embedded into the new site in the tags as recommended by Google.
- CMN installed Google Analytics web statistics programme to ensure that future traffic could be accurately measured
- Visit the website: http://www.liferafts-inflatables.com
- CMN trained Ed on how to use the backend WordPress administration system to ensure that Ed has full control over 100% of the website.
The new website is now fully indexed by Google and is performing well with the site being found via hundreds of keywords and keyword phrases, specifically on a local level. Ed Banyard comments, “Tim’s approach was practical and he ensured that I understood each step without blinding me with jargon… I’m very pleased with the outcome, I can even log in at home, or when I’m working away from the office to make amendments or to add news to the new site…”.
Copyright 2011 Cornwall Marine Network
|Wind Speed||--- knots|
|Wind Gust||--- knots|