These terms will govern the relationship between Cornwall Marine Network ("CMN")
and its members.
There will be two categories of membership, namely Full Membership and Associate Membership.
- Full membership shall be open to all marine businesses based solely in Cornwall.
- Associate membership will be available to marine businesses not eligible for Full Membership and
to other parties who offer services to the sector.
- The rights of Associate Members shall be limited to the receipt of
agendas for attendance (but not voting) at and receipt of the minutes
of meetings of the organisation, receipt of newsletters and
participation in any programmes implemented by CMN.
- On registration, you must provide us with accurate, complete
registration information and it is your responsibility to update the
CMN web site if that information changes.
- You are responsible for all use of the Site made by you or anyone
else using your user name and password, (collectively "ID") and for
preventing unauthorised use of your ID. If you believe there has been
any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised
use of your ID or any payment information, please notify us immediately.
- Membership is non-transferable.
Duties of Members
- Members shall ensure that all membership information and forms are
maintained and submitted to the CMN business office as
- Members shall promptly pay all dues and fees owed to CMN.
- In the event that having applied for membership of the CMN and you decide that you do not want to be a Member you
may cancel your application provided that you notify us of such
cancellation within seven working days of the date of receipt of your
application by us. In such event we will refund to you the membership
fee paid by you. If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation you
may do so by sending notice of the cancellation to CMN's business office.
- Subsequent years' membership fees will be determined at the Annual General Meeting.
- The annual membership fee shall be due on joining the organisation.
- Payment of the membership fee shall entitle members to receive a
range of benefits developed by CMN, details of which
will be supplied as and when they become available.
- Any member may withdraw from membership of CMN
at any time for any reason by giving written notice to CMN.
- If a member fails to pay his/her membership subscription fee for
more than two months, CMN will presume that the
member has withdrawn his/her membership.
If a complaint is
made against a Member the Executive Committee shall discuss the problem
privately with the Member and if appropriate encourage him or her to remedy the
If the problem
cannot be resolved in this manner, a Member shall be given 14 days written
notice to attend a meeting of the Executive Committee and written details of
the complaints made against him or her.
The Member shall have a right to appear before the Executive Committee
to answer the complaints made against him or her.
After the Executive
Committee has heard all the evidence and taken into consideration all the
facts, the Executive Committee shall vote and if two thirds of the Executive
Committee then present vote in favour of his or her expulsion, the membership
will be terminated.